As a salesperson, and dealership, you are on the frontline of getting consumers into the seats of electric vehicles. We understand that there's a lot of information out there for consumers to wade through when it comes to making an EV purchase decision. Using the resources Drive Electric Wisconsin provides, we aim to make it easy to find a reliable and accurate source of information. Use the resources on the Consumers page for useful links to EV information.
So what else can you as a dealer/dealership do to help consumers with their EV purchase?
- Secure and maintain an inventory of at least 10 EVs
- Showcase those EVs and charging stations! Don't hide them in the back.
- Offer training programs to ensure staff are well-trained on EVs
- Have one or more salespeople designated as an EV specialist
- Work with EV advocacy groups, like Drive Electric Wisconsin!
- Ensure that EVs are consistently charged and ready for test drives
These recommendations come from a report by the Sierra Club of their nationwide study on the EV shopping experience.
You can also help your customers locate incentives offered by their local utility by using our Electric Utility EV Rebate Finder tool.